Wednesday 8 May 2013

A Statement!

I do not profess to possess any talent in writing whatsoever! I wanted to do this many years ago & continued to just think about it, perhaps not quite finding the right frame of mind to put pen to paper.
However, whatever comes, is what gets written, (with a certain amount of conscious effort!) There is a lot I don't know about, & as usual, I blunder on self taught, (if you can call it that!) Am I learning as I go? I hope so.

The last two short stories are child-like & could be considered almost suitable for children. Perhaps too, I am a child at heart. Well, & here I like to add - for what's it's worth - as that will explain a lot. In other words, I'm enjoying what I have done so far, & look forward to writing yet more 'blurb'. I have had a happy cynical sense of humour as it gets me through what life throws at one.
I have been told that Shakespeare didn't have lessons in writing, maybe there is a glimmer of hope for me to continue & just see what happens.
 It's self-satisfying to see something down on paper that has evolved from your inner self. I don't imagine for one moment about going self-publishing. That is for the people who really are born authors & have a sensitivity in their work that is not only moving & informative, but many other things including beautifully descriptive creativity, where you are thoroughly entertained & become utterly engrossed in their work, a style of self expression you don't think twice about when reading. You get thrown into a magical sense of self imagination, & involvement, lost in their world that, at the end, from which you could easily suffer withdrawal symptoms.

I plough my fields & hope that something good may grow, or sometime, someone might think I can actually write. That would mean a lot, as in photography, you throw yourself into a maze of continual learning that it becomes exciting & a fulfillment at stages, to what you have striven to try & achieve, an opportunity to achieve something, even if it never bears fruit. At least you have put one foot in front of the other!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment